Common fault of the carburetor: oil leakage
Carburetor oil feeding system is a dynamic balance system. Under the action of gasoline buoyancy in the float room, the float drives the needle valve to continuously adjust the gap between the needle valve and the valve seat to control the oil intake, so that the motorcycle oil surface in the float room remains dynamic and stable under various working conditions. The carburetor oil leakage phenomenon, is caused by the destruction of the balance system. Carburetor oil leakage not only increases fuel consumption, affects the performance of the vehicle, more importantly, causes great harm to the safety of the vehicle. Need to be eliminated in time. Cause and elimination method of carburetor oil leakage:
- Foreign bodies are attached to the contact surface of the needle valve and the valve seat
Reason: the needle valve and the valve seat are the control of the oil intake, its sealing requirements are strict, the contact surface smoothness is high. If a foreign body is attached to the contact surface, the needle valve and the valve seat are not tightly sealed and oil leakage will occur. Foreign body mainly refers to the impurities and gel gel in gasoline. Therefore, to avoid such faults, users should pay attention to the regular cleaning of the gasoline filter and the use of good quality gasoline.
Exclusion method: clean according to the above carburetor cleaning method.
- Wear of needle valve
1) The needle valve in the process of use due to long-term impurities contained in the gasoline and contact with the valve seat and wear;
2) The adjustment of both ends of the float buoy is unbalanced, driving the lateral force of the needle valve and wear. Needle valve wear leads to lax seat seal and oil leakage.
1) Replace the needle valve, and the user should pay attention to regularly clean the gasoline filter and use good quality gasoline;
2) Replace the needle valve, and adjust the two ends of the float buoy at the same level.
- Floating hair card
1) The float contacts with the float chamber wall by gasoline for a long time;
2) The gap between the float pin and the body float pin hole expands after long-term friction, resulting in the contact of the float with the float chamber wall. The float hairpin prevents the needle valve from returning, resulting in oil leakage.
1) If the float will deform, replace the float;
2) If the outer diameter wear of the float pin becomes smaller, replace the float pin, if the wear of the body float pin hole becomes larger, the only carburetor assembly can be replaced.
- The float is damaged or immersed in gasoline
Reason: the float is damaged or immersed in gasoline will make the weight and buoyancy of the float change, leading to the rise of the oil surface, causing oil leakage.
Exclusion method: replace the float.